- How long does it take to open a live account?
- What proof of address document is required?
- Can I have a Swap Free account?
- Why are you requesting information about my investment knowledge and trading experience during the 3 step registration process?
- How do I change the leverage on my account?
- Do I need to download any software before I start trading?
- What is the difference between STP/ECN and real accounts?
- Can I trade micro lots with a deposit of over 10,000 USD?
- I forgot my Client Portal password. What should I do?
- How do I open an additional account?
- I have two accounts, and I made a deposit in the wrong account, how can I transfer the funds to my other account?
- What is the safety of my funds with IronFX?
- Why does your swap free account start charging after 10 days whilst many other companies keep it swap free forever?
Trading accounts can take up to 24hrs to be approved, you can check the status of your account via the client portal under 'My Account'.
We require a recent utility bill (Water/Electricity bill) or a recent bank statement dated within the last six months. Please note that online statements/mobile phone bills are not accepted.
Swap Free accounts are only eligible for clients that are of Islamic faith. If you are eligible, you will need to contact your Account Manager or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and not have any positions open in your trading platform.
We run an appropriateness test in order to evaluate whether Forex and CFDs are appropriate products for your profile. We are required to run this test for all our clients since it is required by the EU MiFID directive.
You are able to change the leverage on your account via the client portal by clicking on 'Actions' next to the account you wish to amend. This can be found by clicking on the 'Overview' tab under My Account. In order for the leverage to be changed, the account should not have any open positions.
Trading platforms can be downloaded via our websites - please click on our trading platform link for more information. http://www.ironfx.com/en/trading-platform
The main difference is in execution. Real accounts have instant execution that involves the use of re-quotes, while STP/ECN accounts have market execution where no re-quotes are involved. Additionally, a different liquidity provider is used – hence the difference in spreads.
Yes. This can be provided under our Micro STP/ECN accounts.
Please click on the “Forgot Password” link and enter your email address in order to reset your password.
You can open an additional account via the Client Portal. Click on 'My Account', then 'Register Additional Account'. Now you can choose the Account type, Currency Base and Leverage.
Internal transfers can be made from one of your current accounts to another, this can be done via the client portal. Click on 'My Account' then 'Internal Transfers'. Choose the respective accounts and the amounts, then Submit. Please note that the balance has to match on the 'From' account.
IronFX maintains isolated client accounts to ensure that client funds are fully segregated from IronFX’s own funds at all times. Client accounts have the required coding to ensure that they are used for clients’ funding purposes. All client funds deposited at IronFX are completely separated following our strict policies and procedures, with activities monitored and reviewed by our external and internal auditors. As a client, you can be assured that your funds are safe.
We only charge swap on any positions open for more than 10 days, this is to avoid any hedging. The account still remains as swap free.
- What are the different payment methods I can use to fund my account?
- How do I deposit funds into my trading account?
- Which currencies can I use to deposit funds into my trading account?
- Can I withdraw funds when I have open positions?
- What are the relevant fees per payment method?
- Why have you charged my MT4 account on the withdrawal? You have withdrawn more than the amount I had requested.
- Can I withdraw the bonus?
- How can I withdraw my profits?
Payment and funding authorisation are 100% automatic, and the IronFX Client Portal allows deposits and withdrawals using a simple, easy-to-use single interface. Whilst IronFX does not accept cash deposits, we offer a number of alternative reliable methods for account funding.
Deposits can be made via the client portal. Methods can be chosen by clicking on the 'Deposit Funds' tab. Please note that deposits can take up to 24hrs to be processed depending on the method used. Bank Wire transfers can take up to 3 working days depending on the bank.
You can deposit funds in any of the following 9 base currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, AUD, JPY, CHF, PLN, RUB and HUF. In the case that you deposit funds in a currency different than your base currency account, then it will be converted into the base currency of your trading account by us at the prevailing rate at the given time.
You are able to withdraw funds if you have open positions on your platform. Please note that your free margin must exceed the amount specified in the withdrawal instruction, including all payment charges. You will not be able to make a request if you have insufficient funds.
IronFX does not charge any fees for deposits. Your respective banks or payment providers however might charge you additional fees.
The extra amount that was removed from your MT4 account is part of the welcome bonus you have received when you deposited. Whenever you make a withdrawal, a proportion of the welcome bonus is removed relative to the amount you deposited and requested withdrawal.
The Welcome Bonus will be held solely for trading with IronFX and cannot be withdrawn. At any given time, even after the expiration of the promotional period, when a client requests a withdrawal, the welcome bonus will be removed.
Profits made from trading can be withdrawn only via bank wire. You can receive your initial deposit via the payment method initially used and then all excess funds (profits) will be sent to your bank account. In order for the above to take effect, you need to apply for a bank withdrawal from your client portal.
- Does the Company offer negative balance protection?
- What are the trading hours?
- The price on the chart is different than the price appearing on my trading terminal. Why?
- My order was Stop-Out. Why?
- I am getting a “Trade Context Busy” signal on my trading platform. What does this mean?
- I am getting “Re-quotes”. What does this mean?
- Do you support Trailing Stops and Expert Advisors?
- I have placed a take profit order and was triggered with loss. Why?
- I placed a pending order and was deleted. Why?
- What is the difference between the balance and the equity that appears on my trading platform?
- Can I cancel an instant order request?
- Why can I not trade currencies?
- Why are the buy/sell symbols disabled when I try to place a trade?
- Why can I not trade micro lots (volume under 0.1 lots)?
- Why can I not trade a given future?
- I had a trade in a future that was closed by itself without me closing it. Why is that?
- Why wasn’t my Take Profit not triggered, while the chart reached the price I had set?
- Why is your spread so high on EURUSD/GBPUSD (eg Over 10 pips)?
- Why was the swap that I was charged too high?
- Where on your website can I find the calendar for the CFD?
- The MT4 Demo/Live login shows invalid account/no connection. What do I do?
- Do you have a dealing desk?
- Why are the spreads higher after 11pm?
The Company offers negative balance protection to all clients as part of the Agreement with a client, as long as it is not manipulated. The interests of our clients is our primary objective therefore, we ensure that clients may never lose more than their total deposits.
The trading hours are 24 hours per day, starting at 00:00 Monday and closing at 24:00 Friday server time. Server time is GMT + 2 (GMT + 3 applies during daylight saving/summer time).
The charts show the Bid price by default. A Buy position is opened with the Ask price and closed with the Bid price. You have to add the spread on the Bid price to find the Ask price. Therefore the difference in price is due to the spread.
Your order will be Stop-Out, when the margin level (Equity/Used Margin) of your trading account goes below 20%. This will trigger a stop-out and your positions will start closing starting from the most unprofitable.
This can happen when you have given your trading platform an additional instruction before it has completed an earlier task. This can happen in cases where there have been multiple mouse clicks or a hyperactive Expert Advisor.
When there is a high volatility in the market, prices are rapidly changing. Under this scenario, we need to offer you the new latest market price. In such an event, you can either accept the new re-quoting or just reject the new price and cancel the execution of the transaction. Another possible reason for getting re-quotes could be the possibility of having a slow or bad internet connection which can delay the transmission of orders; implying that on your trading platform you are viewing old prices instead of current market prices.
Our platform supports such functionalities. Please be aware that trading operations using additional functions on your client terminal such as Trailing Stop or Expert Advisor are executed completely under your responsibility, as they depend directly on your client trading terminal.
Please be aware that when Take Profit is set on a long position, it's placed above the prevailing market price. As a result, if you place a Take Profit order after you open a position when it is already making a loss, the take profit will act as a stop loss and your position will be closed with a loss.
Your pending order will be deleted from the system if the free margin (Equity – Used Margin) is not enough to cover the margin required for opening the specific order.
The balance illustrates your closed positions’ Profit/Loss while the Equity is the real time calculation of Profit/Loss i.e. taking into account both open and closed positions.
If you placed an instant order and you decided to cancel it, it may not always be possible to cancel if the request has already been received by our trading server. You should consider that your platform will also give you a warning: “Closing of this window will not guarantee the order cancelling”.
Your account may be a premium account and therefore, you may be selecting the wrong currency symbol. You should select currency symbols that have a dot (“.”) at the end. These are called premium symbols and provide better spreads for our premium account holders (EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY and USD/CHF). Go to the MT4 market watch, right click and select “show all” for them to be displayed – if not visible.
Ensure that you are entering the correct minimum volume (0.1 if you have a premium account, and 10 for shares).
Please note that for premium accounts, the minimum trading volume is 0.1 lots. If you wish to trade micros, then you need to transfer funds to another account that will have a balance of under 2500 USD.
Please note that futures have expiration dates and trades cannot be opened after their Last Trading Date. For more information, please click on our futures links http://www.ironfx.com/en/trading-products/futures
Please note that positions in futures contracts that have not been closed by the Last Trading Date will automatically close at their last quoted price.
Please note that Sell positions are closed with the Ask (Buy) price. The price the chart is showing is the Bid (Sell) price, which is lower than the Ask price. You need to add the spread to the price that you see in the chart in order to get the Ask price.
Please note that we are using fractional pips pricing in order for the client to benefit from rounding. Instead of 4 decimal places, we use 5 and therefore the 10 pips you see are actually 1.0 pip.
On Wednesdays, the charge that applies is triple the regular swap. This is made in order to take the weekend into account.
Please go to “Trading”, select “Futures”, and then click on the “Futures Calendar”.
Please note that Demo accounts have a 30-day expiry period, ensure that you are using the correct password and have selected the correct server. For further help, you can speak to one of our customer support representatives via our Live Chat or you can e-mail us at email@example.com quoting your account number.
Yes, you can contact our execution desk to open/close/modify your trades should you have any issues. You can contact our execution desk via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
From 23:00 to 02:00 server time, all markets are closed and therefore there is very low liquidity in the market.
- Sometimes when I’m trying to place an order I got an error message says “Trade Context is busy”, how this can be solved?
- After installing MT4 on my Mac the system blocked application because it came from “unknown developer” or similar. What should I do?
- I forgot my MT4 password. What should I do?
- How do I change my MT4 password?
- How can I change my password on Android/iPhone?
Simply restart your MetaTrader 4 terminal by closing it and launching it again.
Apple has changed the security settings to only allow installations from the App Store. To have it working, please go to “System Preferences > Security & Privacy”. On the General Tab click the little lock in the lower left corner to unlock the general preference panel. Please select the “Anywhere” option from the menu.
This can be done via the client portal. Click on 'My Account' , Overview , and then click on 'Actions' next to the account that you wish for the password to be changed.
To change your MT4 password, please log into your MT4 Platform, click on “Tools”, then “Options”, Click on “Change” next to the password Tab. Please enter your current password and enter a new one, then click OK.
To change Password on your Android/iPhone please click on the “Settings” tab, then click on “Accounts”. On the bottom right corner you will see a Key icon, please click on it. You will then get a pop up window to change your password.